Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Ruby had her four month shots yesterday. She was not a fan. Poor girl had three shots and cried her little eyes out. (momma may have cried a little too) Thankfully, she stopped crying almost immediately after I picked her up. Josh was also at this appointment and was able to make her smile by jumping around and saying "Dance, Dance, Dance!". Ruby thinks daddy is weird. (so does momma)

As for the rest of her appointment, she did very well. She is 13lbs 8oz which means she has nearly doubled her birth weight. She also bumped her fat self up from the 25th percentile in weight to the 50th. She was 25inches long, which keeps her in the 75th percentile for height/length. 

We were given the go ahead for introducing solids, but I have decided to hold off for a month. Our pediatrician didn't seemed overly concerned about when we start solids, but I got the impression that she thought we should wait until closer to 6 months which had been my plan all along. I have a food plan laid out for her for when we do start and I plan to make her food myself. (of course, I've had a lot of plans for her and every time I make a plan, God laughs at me).
My plan for solids is as follows
1. Avocado
2. Sweet Potatoes
3. Bananas
4. Butternut Squash
5 Carrots
6. Pears
7 Green Beans

and after that....well, who knows. I am sure I will think of something! Eggs will probably be in there, as well as apples, peaches (peach season is coming!!!!), and anything else in season.

She's meeting developmental milestones. She turns and looks at people when they are talking, her eyes follow people around the room, she "talks" at us (which is really more of a screeching noise), laughs, etc, The one thing she needs more of is tummy time. She HATES tummy time, but I will be working with her on that. She likes to watch people and has a serious case of "fear of missing out".

We were trying to do a sleep schedule with her, but that went out the window after we got her shots. Poor thing was so upset last night. I started rocking her to sleep at 9pm and by 1am I was finally able to put her in her crib. Then she woke up at 330 and we weren't able to get her back to sleep like normal. I took her temperature and she had a very low fever. That, coupled with the fact that she wouldn't sleep led me to give her her first dose of tylenol. In my sleep deprived state, I did the math wrong and only gave her half a dose, but it seemed to have worked because she went back to sleep and woke up at 8am all smiles. She's currently been asleep for 2.5 hours for a nap which is a big nap for her, but I figure she's catching up on all the sleep she missed last night! Wish I could do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment